Sunday, February 28, 2010

Day off with eating

Because you are moderating your intake of protein/carbs/fat, you should allow yourself ONE day off per week. However, don't think of this as a time to hit the Chinese buffet and eat 5 days worth of calories in a matter of hours.

When I say "day off," it means maybe twice what you may normally eat. If you eat 1,600 calories, go have 3,200-3,500. If you are eating 1,200 calories, then go eat 2,400-2,600.

This is a time for you to remind your body not to get too settled into your new diet plan. It's always good to throw a curve ball in moderation.

For example - today I went out and bought all natural granola. I'll probably eat around 4,000 calories (I have an intake of 1,900) with 3x the carbs, 2x the fat, and a little extra protein.

I would highly suggest NOT to get fast food or anything like that. Be mindful and tasteful with your day off. Mine is filled with organic peanut butter and organic toast, natural granola, organic cinnamon cereal, etc. I would not suggest a Whopper if you can stand it :X

No comments:

Post a Comment